Sunday, July 28, 2013

Adding Fiber to Your Diet: Metamucil

Why does someone take fiber? We all know the best form for fiber is fresh vegetables, fruit and whole grains. We, sadly, don't usually get enough fiber in our basic diets which cause havoc on our bodies. So where we are missing out, we can replace with Metamucil. When starting my sampling, I knew there were benefits to extra fiber. It is good for the heart, helps with IBS, and helps with weight loss. After poking around WebMD.com for more information, I found out that no study have shown that fiber supplements help with the weight loss so I was heart broken. 

Ok so one loss, but it does help with other things to make the body healthy. That same source informed me that fiber is great for controlling diabetes, lower cholesterol, improves the immune system and IBS. I found Metamucil to be easy to drink and swallow, unlike the pills and chalky chewable. The orange flavor drink reminds me some of EmerganC. The instructions won't steer you wrong in that your body will take some adjusting the first couple days, but then things will settle down and get better. Also remember to drink a lot more water throughout the day, and take medications at a different times. It is also advised to visit your doctor before starting, especially if you're taking medication, to make sure there won't be any complications or side effects. 

I find Metamucil to be an enjoyable way to take fiber, and would advise others to give it a try. This was given to me to try and review through Vocalpoint.

No comments:

Post a Comment