Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The POREfessional just for pores?

I had already bought and used this item few months back, but didn't like something about it and handed it off to my daughter. When Total Beauty asked me to do a review on Benefit's POREfessional, I decided to give this a fair shake and remember the detailed reasons I went on to try to find another 
"miracle" primer. Before January, I was still living in the old ages of make-up and thought it was time to update my look. I was turning 40, so my pride wanted to keep me looking young. When I informed the counter lady I wanted to know more about this foreign item called primer, I swear she was jumping up and down inside herself. She ran right over to the POREfessional display, showed me how it worked, and advised that I give a whirl.  


Now that I have refreshed my opinion with this lovely item, I remember why it was handed to my 14 year old. When applying this item, I actually had to use more than what I was advised to get all over my dry skin which made it hard to spread. Even though it does apply like satin, in time it felt like a layer of cake on my face. And then, come mid-day the glare from the shine could have blinded someone. And as for lines, it was limited. It was only ok for fine lines, and it did nothing for real ones.

In all honesty, this primer is great for those who really want to minimize the look of large pores. I wouldn't advise this for those with oily skin, and would advise them look elsewhere if they need it to minimize lines. My daughter loves it, but she is also very young with great skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment